The RMI Academy of Automotive Skills offers 2 day, IMI accredited ADAS IMI AOM 230 courses at preferential prices for NBRA members.
The course is designed to ensure that a technician has the ability to calibrate Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS). It demonstrates the technician’s ability to identify and correctly interpret information relating to a specific vehicle and its ADAS features to determine which method of calibration is required.
The course also assesses the technician’s ability to identify/locate and follow software-specific recalibration methods during the assessment process. They will be required to use the correct tools and equipment in order to demonstrate their ability to calibrate two ADAS sensors on a vehicle with a minimum of two operating systems.
Participants will learn:
- Overview of ADAS
- Safe working practices and Health & Safety guidelines
- Technical information sources
- Types of diagnostic equipment available and required
- Relevant tools and equipment used when carrying out ADAS component calibration
- The calibration environment set by the manufacturer including instructions target types, ambient light levels, pre-conditions
- Different types of ADAS sensors and their function
- Features of ADAS system operation such as steering, braking, lane departure, adaptive cruise, blind spot assistant
- Workplace procedures for completing and storing documentation relating to ADAS calibration
- ADAS code of practice
- Static & Dynamic calibration
- Wheel alignment principles
- Hybrid systems
While there are no formal entry requirements for the course, technicians should be working in the automotive industry and have relevant diagnostic experience to ensure that they are familiar with the skills, knowledge and techniques required to calibrate ADAS systems.
Book a Course
This course costs £475 + VAT for RMI members, saving £50 on the standard price.
About the RMI Academy of Automotive Skills
Established for the benefit of the industry by the RMI, the RMI Academy of Automotive Skills has no commercial interests and exists only to support your garage business.
A wide range of weekly MOT, annual and technical training is available at sites in Runcorn, Southam, Lincoln and Winchester, to ensure you always have access to top quality, cost-effective training when you need it. All courses are led by their experienced in-house training team who speak your language and offer a wealth of practical, real-world advice.