Award winning accident repair centre Devonshire Motors are delighted to announce that they have achieved carbon neutral status in accordance with PAS2060.
As a business, they have always had a strong commitment to extremely high standards of customer service, safety and the environment.
Working in conjunction with Glasurit®, BASF’s premium paint brand, the NBRA and ABP-approved energy and carbon partner ECA Business Energy, Devonshire Motors have put in place the following strategy to ensure they reduce their emissions year on year:
- Following international standards including the World Resource Institutes Green House Gas Protocol and Defra’s GHG reporting guidelines for assessing carbon emissions
- Putting in place a carbon management plan to reduce emissions
- Setting targets to reduce emissions (on a per job basis) year on year
- Assessing and reporting their carbon footprint on an annual basis
- Offsetting their residual emissions through projects verified against the international Verified Carbon Standard (VCS), Gold Standard or Certified Emission Reductions (CERs).
The carbon management plan detailed numerous initiatives across several areas including process, products, purchasing, supply chain engagement, equipment, staff engagement and future self-generation.
Graeme Bennett, Director said “We are thrilled to have met the standard and be doing our part for the environment and sustainability which has never been more important. I would like to thank Rob and Steve, both the teams at BASF Automotive Refinish UK and ECA Business Energy have been brilliant with supporting us on our path to achieving this accreditation”
‘We are delighted to be working in partnership with BASF Automotive Refinish UK & Ireland and Devonshire Motors on their sustainable journey. We know how important this is to Graeme and the team and we look forward to supporting them in reducing their emissions year on year and progressing on the ultimate journey to Net Zero.” Added Steve Silverwood, MD ECA Business Energy
Rob Ghey, Head of Strategic Account Management, BASF Automotive Refinish UK & Ireland said, “This is an incredible achievement for everyone at Devonshire Motors. Partners like Graeme and ECA Business Energy are imperative to our industry and their commitment to becoming more sustainable and working towards Net Zero is an outstanding example for all to follow. We look forward to supporting the team at Devonshire Motors further on this exciting journey.”