The UK government has just made some significant updates to its zero-emission vehicle (ZEV) mandate.
- Smoothing of ZEV Van Targets: Starting from the upcoming year, the required percentage of ZEVs in the market will increase gradually, potentially affecting the demand for repair and maintenance services on electric vans.
- Van Battery Warranty Adjustment: The van battery warranty requirement has been modified to align with international standards.
- ZEV Range Requirement and ‘Grandfather’ Clause: The minimum ZEV range requirement has been set at 100 miles, with a ‘grandfather’ clause for ZEVs approved before the legislation’s effective date.
- Emissions Clarification: The government has clarified that zero emissions mean 0g CO2 emissions emitted at the exhaust according to existing regulatory test procedures.
- Final Compliance Payments for Vans: In 2024, final compliance payments for vans are set at £9,000.
The annual car trajectories remain unchanged at the following:
Please find the amended van annual trajectories here: